Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DRAWING CENTER VIEWING PROGRAM

I was admitted into the Drawing Center Viewing Program. I have not had time to edit the profile yet-- another task! But I did get five pieces framed and on the truck to New York for Scope. I also had my New York Times Mutual Fund Spiderweb piece laser Cut at Pagoda Arts, run by Alex Thompson. He did a fabulous job with it and I highly recommend him. I am posting the original piece that inspired me to do three multiples. I scanned and printed the mutual fund page on Japanese inkjet paper during my Kala Residency a few weeks ago and just now got around to taking it to Alex.
I originally took the web piece to another laser cutting operation since Alex was out of town for a few days. I realized things can go really badly with the wrong Laser Cutting operation. They destroyed my piece and charged me anyway!

No comments: